Information we collect and how we use it:
We may collect personal information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Your name;
- Your postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Your telephone or fax number;
- Your e-mail address;
- Your credit and debit card numbers;
- Your vendor Tax ID numbers;
- Your financial information when you use your credit or debit card to make a purchase; and
- Your purchase history and purchase interests in art.
Providing zip code information is entirely optional, however if you are purchasing products or services, you will not be able to complete your purchase without including your zip code for billing and shipping purposes. Your zip code information will be kept private and will not appear on your user profile page, in search results or anywhere else in the Pikazo mobile applications.
Pikazo collects personal information when you participate in various opportunities that we provide, for example:
- When you create a Pikazo account for any purpose;
- When you contact us or register for updates, subscriptions or other communications through this website, mobile application, Facebook, Twitter, or any other application;
- When you purchase and pay for a product or service;
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion;
- When you participate in a blog or forum; and
- When we conduct market research or when we meet you at a Pikazo event, an event hosted or sponsored by a Pikazo affiliate, or social or other event.
Automatically Collected Information
We may passively collect information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or your internet service provider. This information typically includes your domain name, your user name, and your numerical IP address. The amount of information sent by your web browser depends on its settings. Please refer to your browser if you want to learn what information it sends. We use this type of information to see which web pages you visit at our website or mobile application, which website you visited before coming to our website or mobile application, and where you go after you leave our website or mobile application. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use our website and mobile application and how we can improve it.
When you submit a question or suggestion using this website or our mobile application, you may be required to provide information that we need to complete your request, including your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. We may have collected similar information from you in the past. We do not collect any other type of personally identifiable information on this website or mobile application.
Cookie Generated Information
We may actively obtain information about you by installing a marker on your computer commonly called a “cookie.” Cookies enable us to know you by a computer-generated, unique identifier. By providing you with a unique cookie, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences, and in situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again; they can be supplied by us automatically, saving you time and effort. Your computer may be specially configured to reject cookies; please refer to your browser for more information. Many websites of companies associated with Pikazo will allow you to visit without accepting cookies, but some features of our websites may not work properly if you choose to reject cookies.
User Generated Information
We collect information when you create a user account, contact us and when you respond to surveys, questionnaires, enter contests, sweepstakes, giveaways or applications we make available. If you e-mail us, you are voluntarily releasing the content of your e-mail to us (including your e-mail address). If you answer questions we have placed on the website page, mobile application page or on a hand-written page, you are also voluntarily releasing that information to us. You may decide not to answer any questions presented to you by Pikazo; if you do, you may still continue your visit, but we may elect not to provide you with services, opportunities, responses or features related to the questions you choose not to answer.
How Information is Used and Shared
We may use personal information for one or more of the following purposes:
- Respond to your inquiries; collect your suggestions, and fulfill your requests, such as to send you e-mail alerts, and contact you to answer any questions to the extent possible.
- Send you important information regarding the website and mobile application, terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Complete and fulfill your suggestion for Pikazo, for example, to process your artwork and any funds that may be made in relation to the purchase of products or services, communicate with you and provide you with related customer service and marketing assistance, if any.
- Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Personalize your experience on the website or mobile application by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- Allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, so we recommend that you read these rules carefully.
- Allow you to communicate and interact with others through the website and mobile application (for example, through a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile or other social media).
- Enable our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, researching and developing new products, enhancing this website and mobile application, improving our services, developing marketing events, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. We may analyze personal information for historical, statistical, or scientific purposes, or we may store the personal information for your convenience should you return to this website or the mobile application in the future.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process and for any legal purpose (other than credit information); (c) to investigate security breaches; (d) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities; (e) to enforce our terms and conditions; (f) to protect our operations; (g) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
In the course of any of these activities, we may transmit any of the information we have collected to another US state or territory or share it with affiliates or third parties. An example of a third party that could receive your personal information is a data processing contractor that operates computer systems on our behalf or a company with whom we transact business or associate with for the purposes of offering certain products, services, a contest, sweepstakes or other promotion event.
We may use all information collected at the Pikazo website, mobile application, and other methods for direct marketing and e-marketing purposes including the sharing of the information with our affiliates or third parties unless you specifically request that it not be used for that purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. We do not target our website or mobile application to children less than 13 years of age or knowingly collect information from children for the purpose of selling products or services.
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website or mobile application. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to this website or to our mobile application in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this website or our mobile application, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit:
We use commercially reasonable methods consistent with industry practice to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. While we consider these policies and procedures to be adequate, there is still a risk that your personal information could be misappropriated. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. If you have any questions about security on our site, you can send an e-mail to us at the e-mail address specified below.
If you do not want us to use your personal information as described in this statement, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that we will not be able to process questions or contact you without your personal information.
If you have any questions, comments, or would like to request access to the information Pikazo has gathered about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2016. Pikazo, Inc. All rights reserved.